Indianapolis Maya Abdominal Massage- for Men & Women
Maya Massage for Digestive & Reproductive Health
What is Maya Abdominal Therapy?
Maya Abdominal Therapy is an ancient technique that has been known and practiced by healers for thousands of years. It represents an unbroken chain of knowledge handed down from generation to generation of midwives, healers and shamans. The techniques incorporate a holistic approach to wellness including massage, herbs, nutrition and emotional and spiritual healing.
Maya Abdominal Massage is an external, non-invasive and nurturing treatment of the abdominal area. The treatment assists in improving the vital flow of fluids and energy to nourish and repair the reproductive and digestive organs and systems. Treatments help to reposition internal organs that have shifted, restricting the body’s natural vital flow of fluids and energy. The placement of the uterus is a primary focus of Maya Abdominal Massage, as the Mayan belief was that the uterus was a woman’s center, and controlled her internal health.
Why do it?
The organs of the abdomen and pelvis, including the uterus, ovaries, prostate and intestines, may have shifted, or become swollen or inflamed, thereby restricting the flow of blood, lymph, nerve and chi. Blockage of the flow of fluids and chi through the pelvis can be a primary cause for a long list of symptoms. These may include but are not limited to: pelvic floor pain, digestive issues, poor circulation in legs, prostate enlargement or discomfort, low back pain, frequent urination and incontinence, bladder infections, fertility challenges, painful periods, irregular periods, PMS, vaginal yeast conditions, endometriosis, painful intercourse, varicose veins, endocrine (hormonal) issues, and aching legs.
What causes this to happen?
Poor pelvic alignment, car accidents, chronic constipation and straining and other stresses to the ligaments that support the abdominal and reproductive organs, falls to the sacrum, running on cement surfaces, repeated pregnancies close together and extended pushing during childbirth, to name a few.
What is a treatment like?
This varies for each individual; however, a basic treatment involves a discussion of your medical and lifestyle history, symptoms and goals for treatment. We will assess the pelvic alignment, pelvic/abdominal tension, swelling or position of your uterus. We will utilize Maya Abdominal Therapy to assist in the proper positioning as needed. You will also be shown an abdominal self-care treatment that will enable you to treat yourself at home. Your treatment session may also include discussion of associated natural therapies.
What can Maya Abdominal Therapy treat?
- Displaced or prolapsed (low) uterus and or bladder
- Painful/Irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Abdominal uterine bleeding
- Chronic bladder or yeast infections
- Incontinence, Frequent urination, cystocele
- Miscarriages, difficult pregnancies
- Painful sex
- Peri menopause, menopausal symptoms
- Infertility / Fertility challenges and not ovulating
- Low Back Ache
- PMS/Depression with menstruation
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Enhances Pregnancy, aids in labor and birthing
- Pelvic congestion, pelvic pain
- Early stages of prostate swelling
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction (depending on cause)
- Night time urination
- Frequent urination
- Digestive Disorders
- Low energy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastro Esophogeal Reflux (GERD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Chronic constipation
- Low Back ache
- Chronic indigestion or heartburn
- Restricted breathing due to tension
What to expect in a session:
Gentle massage on the abdomen from below the ribs and sternum to above the pubic bone. You will be modestly draped at all times during your session. The first session is two hours long, follow up sessions are one hour each. An average of 4-6 follow ups, one month apart, is recommended to learn the life-long healing techniques and see a shift in physical symptoms. Discounted package treatment plans are offered to help follow the treatment plans
The first session includes:
- Comprehensive review of your unique health history and current reproductive and digestive concerns and health goals
- Abdominal massage, focused on bringing the body into balance and aligning reproductive and abdominal organs
- Evaluation and massage of lower back, sacrum, lumbar and thoracic spinal tissue.
- Instruction in Self Care massage. You learn how to massage your belly with your own hands !
- Instruction in supporting wellness at home with associated natural therapies.
How many treatments are required to make me feel better?
Most health problems take more than one treatment to resolve completely. Expect to have four to ten treatments before a reassessment of your heath goals. There can be subtle changes during this timeframe, which are important to review at each visit to make sure the changes are satisfactory. One simple way to see how long it can take to shift a particular health issue is that for every year of the issue you need one month of treatment.
How can Maya Abdominal Therapy help with Fertility?
Maya Abdominal Therapy for fertility is an entire program individualized for you which may include abdominal massage, diet and lifestyle modifications, herbal tonics, faja (support belt), vaginal herbal steams, relaxation techniques including meditation and more. Abdominal Massage helps to free & diminish old adhesions from invasive treatments or traumas to the pelvic and abdominal area, including fibroid tumors, endometriosis, cesarean delivery, abdominal surgery, infection or trauma. It corrects uterine malposition and promotes ligament healing, improves the blood flow to the pelvic organs and can improve the uterine lining. The ancient therapy of Maya Abdominal therapy focuses on root causes, both emotional & physical to allow the body to heal itself and optimize fertility.
I’ve had a hysterectomy – how does ATMAT help?
Women who have had hysterectomies also benefit greatly from Maya Abdominal Therapy. The techniques improve circulation in and around scars and assists proper flow of lymph, which often becomes blocked after surgery and results in swelling, burning, and deep aching pain in the pelvis. By utilizing uterine massage techniques on a regular basis, scar tissue can be prevented from forming in the pelvis after surgery. Ligaments and other remaining organs also benefit from improving circulatory flow to the pelvis.
Contraindications, Cautions, and Modifications:
Maya Abdominal Therapy is safe and effective with few contraindications. There are certain conditions where application of these techniques are either contraindicated or require modification.
- During active menstruation (Appts should be scheduled when not actively menstruating)
- IUD (intra-uterine device for contraception) is present
- Immediately after abdominal surgery
- Active infection or cancer present in pelvic area, or while undergoing chemotherapy
- During the first trimester (19 weeks) of pregnancy
- Abdominal Aneurysm
- Pessary for uterine prolapse (remove prior to your session)
- Any serious health condition that causes you concern
Contact the Indianapolis Massage & Maya Abdominal Therapy Office !
Contact our Indianapolis Massage, V-steam, Maya Abdominal Massage Therapy office for any questions that you may have. We look forward to helping enhance your quality of life !